Gordon Honeycombe Cause Death: How Did Former Broadcaster Dies Aged 79? Family And Parents Details

Gordon Honeycombe Cause Death
Gordon Honeycombe Cause Death

Gordon Honeycombe died in Australia at the age of 79. He was a former broadcaster who was the face of ITN news from 1965 to 1977.

In the 1960s, the newsreader, a well-known screenwriter, and playwright, first appeared on TV as an extra in the satire show That Was The Week That Was. He has been named the country’s favorite newsreader twice since he started working for ITN in 1965.

Honeycombe was on the TV-am breakfast show in the 1980s for five years before she moved abroad. A statement on the TV-am archives website said that he had been sick for a while.

Even though Honeycombe spent a few weeks in a special care facility, it was said that she “knew what was going on and did crosswords until the end.”

What Killed British Journalist Gordon Honeycombe?

Gordon Honeycombe died six years after his wife Barbara, to whom he had been married for 43 years, passed away in 2009. His son Oliver said that the well-known person died Thursday afternoon while he was watching TV at his home in Cornwall with a bottle of wine in his hand.

Scully grew up in Wiltshire and started working for the BBC as a freelance journalist in 1965. He then became a Nationwide presenter.

Because he was so interested in antiques, he was named chairman of the radio shows Talking about Antiques in 1967 and Collector’s World in 1970. In 1981, he was chosen to be the show’s host. Scully was a regular on Sunday nights. He used to say that his job was “one of the best in broadcasting” and that it was “always a thrill.”

After her memoirs came out in 1993, he also did an interview for the BBC with Baroness Thatcher. Sue Lawley, who worked with Scully at Nationwide, said that he was “a great talent.”

Sad News About Gordon Honeycombe

Gordon Honeycombe, who just passed away at the age of 79, was widely known for his roles as an actor, narrator, writer, and television newsreader. Behind the mask designed for the solemn transmission of facts was a mind that was both restless and curious.

While his acting career was faltering in 1965, he considered making the move Down Under. Honeycombe first believed he could more efficiently read the news, but he changed his mind after watching a student from Oxford University do so on television.

Only two weeks into his training, he was reading the national news. After 12 years, he was one of ITN’s longest-tenured newscasters, and the position was his first “real” employment. Early evening and weekend newscasts were his forte.

It was November 1977 when firemen began picketing in front of firehouses to demand a raise they felt was long overdue. Honeycombe knew about the usual unbiased reports since he reads and discusses his bulletins with his colleagues before they air.