Jujutsu Kaisen, or JJK for short, is a popular anime series in recent years. The anime is based on Gege Akutami’s manga and follows Yuji Itadori, a high school student who becomes the host of a tremendous curse known as Ryomen Sukuna.
He fights alongside his fellow sorcerers against numerous bad spirits and foes who threaten the Earth. JJK’s first season ran from October 2020 to March 2021, with the second season debuting in October 2023.
The third season is keenly anticipated by fans. When can we anticipate JJK Season 3 to be released? Here’s everything we’ve learned so far.
JJK Season 3 Release Date
There is no official release date for JJK Season 3 as of yet. However, we can make some guesses based on the prior seasons’ release patterns.
JJK’s first season included 24 episodes, and the second season is planned to have the same number. The second season is expected to end in March 2024, implying that the third season will begin in October 2026 or 2027.
This assumes that the production studio, MAPPA, will adhere to a similar schedule and season gap. However, there may be delays or revisions owing to a variety of variables, like the availability of the source material, the COVID-19 epidemic, or the animation’s quality. As a result, this is merely an estimate and not a guarantee.
If you want to find out about more upcoming shows or series, take a look at our posts below:
- Futurama Season 11 Episode 1 Release Date And Time!
- Joker 2 Release Date: When Will the Sequel Hit Theaters?
JJK Season 3 Plot
How the second season ends will determine the plot of JJK Season 3. The second season is now adapting the Shibuya Incident arc, which is one of the manga’s longest and most intense.
This arc features a tremendous struggle between sorcerers and curses in Tokyo’s Shibuya neighborhood, where many secrets and truths are revealed. The Shibuya Incident arc runs from chapter 54 to chapter 136 of the manga, totaling more than 80 chapters.
The first season of JJK adapted the first 53 chapters of the manga, so the second season will have to cover a lot more ground. Probably, the second season will not be able to complete the entire arc, leaving certain parts for the third season.
If the third season picks up where the second left off, it will most likely adopt the aftermath of the Shibuya Incident arc as well as the beginning of the next arc, the Culling Game arc.
The Culling Game arc is the manga’s current arc, and it contains a deadly game in which contestants must kill each other using cursed ways. The Culling Game arc also includes the introduction of new characters and foes, as well as significant advancements for the major characters.
JJK Season 3 Trailer
There is no trailer for JJK Season 3 because it has not yet been officially confirmed or announced. However, once the second season concludes, we can anticipate some information or hints concerning the third season.
Anime trailers are usually produced a few months before the season premiere, so if the season follows the expected release date, we should expect a teaser for JJK Season 3 in 2026 or 2027.
JJK Season 3 Cast
JJK Season 3 will most likely have the same voice actors and actresses who performed the characters in previous seasons. The primary cast members include:
- Junya Enoki is Yuji Itadori, the protagonist and the vessel of Ryomen Sukuna.
- Yuma Uchida is Megumi Fushiguro, a sorcerer and Yuji’s classmate who specializes in summoning shikigami.
- Asami Seto is Nobara Kugisaki, a sorcerer and Yuji’s classmate who uses nails and hammers as her weapons.
- Yuichi Nakamura plays Satoru Gojo, the strongest sorcerer and Yuji’s teacher who can manipulate space and time.
- Mikako Komatsu is Maki Zenin, a sorcerer and Megumi’s cousin who uses physical weapons and glasses.
- Kouki Uchiyama plays Toge Inumaki, a sorcerer who can control people with his words.
- Subaru Kimura is Aoi Todo, a sorcerer and Yuji’s friend, who can swap places with anyone he touches.
- Kenjiro Tsuda plays Kento Nanami, a former salaryman and a sorcerer who can create weak points on anything.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki plays Mahito, a curse and the main antagonist of the second season who can manipulate souls.
- Takahiro Sakurai plays Suguru Geto, a traitor sorcerer and Mahito’s ally who can control curses.
- Junichi Suwabe is Sukuna, the king of curses and the spirit that resides inside Yuji.
The third season will also introduce new characters and voice actors, such as:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, also known as Yuta Okkotsu, is a former student of Tokyo Jujutsu High School and a special-grade sorcerer who has a curse named Rika as his partner.
- Aoi Yuki is Yuki Tsukumo, a sorcerer and Gojo’s friend who travels around the world and investigates the origin of curses.
- Ayumu Murase is Yu Haibara, a sorcerer and Megumi’s childhood friend who is involved in the Culling Game.
- Hiroshi Kamiya is Hakari, a sorcerer and Yuji’s senior, who is suspended from Tokyo Jujutsu High School for his illegal activities.
- Rie Kugimiya plays Kirara Hoshi, a sorcerer and Hakari’s partner who uses cursed dice to manipulate luck.
JJK Season 3 Where to Watch
If confirmed, JJK Season 3 will premiere on the Japanese broadcast networks MBS and TBS in 2026-2027. It will also be available to watch on Crunchyroll at the same time.
Crunchyroll is the official JJK streaming platform, and it provides episodes with subtitles in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Arabic, and Russian. Crunchyroll also holds the rights to stream the JJK film, which is a prequel to the series and tells the narrative of Yuta Okkotsu.
JJK Season 3 Manga
The anime series’ source material is JJK’s manga. Gege Akutami wrote and drew the manga, which has been serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since March 2018. The manga has 18 volumes and 164 chapters as of October 2023, and it is currently ongoing.
Viz Media has licensed the manga in English, and it is accessible to read online on their website and app, as well as the Shonen Jump app. Various vendors sell manga in both print and digital forms.
JJK manga is published before the anime, and it includes more details and events that the anime may skip or change. As a result, reading the manga is a good method to learn more about the tale and the characters, avoid spoilers, and wait for the next season. However, the manga contains some graphic and violent scenes that may not be appropriate for all readers, so readers should be warned of this.
To find out about other upcoming shows, series, and the latest episodes, visit our website at The Current Online.