For the first time in Hollywood movie history, a live-action Barbie film was made. All Barbie fans, both men and women, are ecstatic about the Barbie film, which will be released on July 21, 2023. It’s all because of Barbie dolls and Barbie animated films.
Barbie toys and animated movies were popular among children in the 1990s and early 2000s, and Barbie dolls are currently among the best-selling dolls globally. Making a movie based on Barbie dolls will undoubtedly be a record-breaker and a hit with all the 90s and 00s kids out there.
Many Barbie lovers have already purchased tickets for the film, and many of you may have seen the Barbie trailers. So the major question is, what are the Barbie movie’s first-day box office collections? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
We have presented the Barbie movie’s first-day box office collections, the previews collections of the Barbie Box Office Collection, and eventually the fight between Barbie and Oppenheimer. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Barbie Box Office Collection Overview
Day 1 Collection of the Movie Worldwide: $22.3 Million Dollars (Estimated) On its opening day, the movie “Barbie” made an impressive debut, raking in an estimated $22.3 million dollars worldwide. The film’s captivating storyline and Greta Gerwig’s direction seem to have struck a chord with audiences around the globe, leading to a strong opening performance.
‘BARBIE’ had the biggest opening day for a movie at the global box office in 2023. pic.twitter.com/YrFujygE9x
— Film Updates (@FilmUpdates) July 22, 2023
Category: NEWS This report falls under the category of news, as it provides factual information about the movie “Barbie” and its performance on its opening day. As an eagerly anticipated film with a worldwide release, the box office figures and the director’s name have garnered attention from movie enthusiasts and industry experts alike.
Barbie Box Office Collections Worldwide
Barbie has already amassed huge Barbie Box Office collections based only on previews. It made $1.1 million dollars in its first previews, which were held on Wednesday, and a total of $21.2 million dollars in its Thursday preview.
If we consider only the previews, the entire Barbie Box Office Collection comes to $22.3 million dollars, which is more than one of the best Marvel movies of the year, Guardians of the Galaxy, which has only grossed 17.5 million dollars worldwide.
- Wednesday Previews: The movie “Barbie” had its first set of previews on Wednesday, generating an impressive amount of $1.1 million dollars. These early screenings provided a glimpse of the film to a select audience and created buzz ahead of its official release.
- Thursday Previews: The anticipation for “Barbie” reached a new high with Thursday’s previews, amassing a staggering $21.2 million dollars. The significant increase in earnings from Wednesday’s previews indicates the growing interest and positive word-of-mouth surrounding the movie.
- The combined total amount earned from the Wednesday and Thursday previews of “Barbie” amounted to a substantial $22.3 million dollars. This impressive figure set a promising tone for the movie’s official release and suggested a strong start at the box office.
- The movie “Barbie” was screened in a total of 500 locations during its Wednesday previews. These limited screenings allowed the film to generate considerable revenue while building anticipation for its wide release.
- On Thursday, the previews expanded to 3,400 locations, allowing a much larger audience to experience the film ahead of its official release. The vast number of locations contributed to the remarkable $21.2 million dollars earned on that day.
Weekend Collection Expected:
- Industry experts and analysts predict that “Barbie” is likely to have a blockbuster opening weekend, with expected collections ranging from $100 to $150 million dollars. This forecast is a testament to the movie’s buzz, star power, and overall positive reception from the previews.
- The movie “Barbie” is expected to be screened in approximately 10,000 locations during its official opening weekend. The wide distribution ensures that the film reaches a massive audience and maximizes its potential for box office success.
The movie “Barbie” has already shown promising signs of being a commercial hit, with strong earnings from its previews and widespread distribution. As it officially hits theaters, all eyes are on its weekend collection to see if it can meet or exceed the high expectations set by its previews.
Barbie Vs Oppenheimer Collections
The massive box-office duel between Barbie and Oppenheimer has been the talk of the globe for the past few months. Greta Gerwig directed the Barbie film, and Christopher Nolan directed Oppenheimer.
Both films contain epic plots and origin stories. Christopher Nolan directed Oppenheimer, based on the life of Julius Robert Oppenheimer, the inventor of the first atomic bomb.
Which was the first atomic weapon ever developed and deployed, and which was dropped on Nagasaki, Japan? Whereas Barbie is a comedy film directed by Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach based on classic Mattel Barbie fashion dolls, and it is the first live-action Barbie film after countless Barbie animation movies. So, with some of the best narratives and fanbases, what are the opening-day collections for these films?
So, if you look at the Barbie movie’s only trailers collection. Only the previews for the Barbie movie have brought in a total of $22.2 million dollars. Oppenheimer, on the other hand, has made $10.5 million dollars from a total of 315 cinemas.
Also, when we look at Oppenheimer’s first-day box office collection in India, it has made a total of 13.50 Crores, and internationally it is attempting to make $15.9 Million dollars, and the Barbie movie collection in India is 5 Crores, and worldwide it is projected to make 30 Million Dollars.
- When Does Barbie Movie Come Out? Everything You Know About
- 10 Great Barbie Video Games A World of Fun And Imagination
Barbie Star Cast
The star cast of the movie Barbie includes the following renowned names:
- Margot Robbie
- Ryan Gosling
- Greta Gerwig
- Simu Liu
- Emma Mackey
- Will Ferrell
- Michael Cera
- Kate McKinnon
- Hari Nef
Barbie Movie Storyline
Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach are the directors of the American fantasy comedy film Barbie, which is based on the original Barbie dolls manufactured by Mattel and was written by Greta Gerwig. The majority of children of the 1990s and early 2020s watched the animated versions of the Barbie movies, which were a kid’s favorite movie, especially for girls. However, on July 21, 2023, the Barbie movie will be published for the very first time in history in real action for the very first time.