This Lione Messi quotes from one of the all-time greats are suitable for all athletes and sports fans.
There is no better professional football player than Lionel Messi. He is frequently referred to as the world’s top player.
Over the course of his football career, Messi, who has earned over $1 billion, has been ranked as the highest-paid player.
But his accomplishments were acknowledged outside of the sports community as well. He received numerous years of recognition from Time magazine as one of the most important persons.
Despite all of his achievements, there is still plenty to be learned from his words and the remarks others make about him.
Don’t forget to look at these statements from Cristiano Ronaldo about soccer and success as well.
Top 30 Quotes List From The World-Famous Soccer Player Lionel Messi Are:
1. “My motivation comes from playing the game I love”
2. “Give the opponents more than one reason to stare at your feet.”
3. “In football as in watchmaking, talent and elegance mean nothing without rigour and precision.”
4. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
5. “When the year starts the objective is to win it all with the team, personal records are secondary.”
6. “I have fun like a child in the street. When the day comes when I’m not enjoying it, I will leave football.”
7. “I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training”
8. “I don’t need the best hairstyle or the best body. Just give me a ball at my feet and I’ll show you what I can do.”
9. “Goals are only important if they win games”
10. “Nah, I’ve always had a great relationship with my two brothers, I have always had their support in my football and in everything. They’ve been very close to me and we have a great relationship.”
11. “My ambition is always to get better and better.”
12. “When it comes to being badass nothing beats this It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
13. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
14. “Whether it’s a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game – I play the same. I’m always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans, and to try and win.”
15. “The truth is that I don’t have a favourite goal. I remember important goals more than I do favourite goals, like goals in the Champions League where I had the opportunity to have scored in both finals I have played in. Finals in the World Cup or Copa del Rey are the ones that have stayed with me for longer or that I remember more.”
16. “You cannot allow your desire to be a winner to be diminished by achieving success before and I believe there is room for improvement in every sportsman.”
17. “I have changed nothing, my style of play is still that of a child. I know that above all it is my job and that I should approach it in another way, but one must not lose sight of the fact that football is a game. It is imperative one plays to amuse oneself, to be happy. That is what children do and I do the same thing.”
18. “It’s not so easy for us when we play teams who have a different mindset, like Chelsea or Inter Milan, because they have the intention of trying to stop us rather than playing a game that is more attractive for the spectators to enjoy.”
19. “I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I’m more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy.”
20. “The truth is my idea has been to always stay at Barcelona and see out the rest of my career here. Like I always say, one doesn’t know what can happen in the future, but if it were up to me to decide, I would stay at Barcelona for the rest of my career.”
21. “I always thought I wanted to play professionally, and I always knew that to do that I’d have to make a lot of sacrifices. I made sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. Everything. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream.”
22. “Barcelona is my home and I hope that I stay here for many years.”
23. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your Instinct.”
24. “Money is not a motivating factor. Money doesn’t thrill me or make me play better because there are benefits to being wealthy. I’m just happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer I would willingly play for nothing.”
25. “Today I am the happiest man in the world, my son was born and thanks to God for this gift.”
26. “Many years ago when I first started my career Maradona told me “to enjoy and play as you know”, and that’s stayed with me ever since and is the best advice I’ve been given.”
27. “It’s crazy to say that after three games [without a goal] I was in crisis. I do not care whether I score or not, what matters is that the team win and continue to do so.”
28. “I would pass onto any young player to enjoy your football, play your football as you want to play the game, try and enjoy it and make the most of it.”
29. “What I do is play soccer, which is what I like.”
30. “Every year I try to grow as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way possible.”