The woman was arrested for multiple offenses, including the claimed incidence of road rage.
Two Officers Have Been Charged After A Woman was Hit By A Train While In A Police Car!
A woman being held in a police cruiser in Platteville on September 17 was struck and killed by a train, and two cops have been charged in connection with the incident. The woman was arrested for multiple offenses, including the claimed incidence of road rage.
Three individuals were charged on Monday by the Weld County District Attorney’s Office.
Criminal charges against police officers
On September 16, Officer Pablo Vazquez was conducting a road rage investigation and pulled over Yareni Rios Gonzalez. Vazquez parked his police car on train tracks at U.S. 85 and County Road 36.
Jordan Steinke, a police officer from Fort Lupton, helped Rios Gonzalez get into the vehicle. It was then when a Union Pacific freight train crashed into the police car.
- Suspect Arrested After Shooting In Phoenix Apartment Parking Lot
- Federal Charges Filed Against Suspect In Paul Pelosi Attack: Is He charged With Kidnapping And Attempted Murder?
Vazquez faces charges of:
- An infraction of reckless endangerment on five counts, involving five different people: The foursome of Rios Gonzalez, Steinke, and the others
- Having one count of blocking a roadway or other passageway
- There was one charge of careless driving, a moving violation.
- One instance of parking in a restricted area
Steinke has been accused of:
- One felony count of attempted murder.
- One felony offense of assault in the second degree
- One misdemeanor count of reckless endangerment
- A victim of a car crash is being prosecuted
- Twenty-year-old Rios Gonzalez is being held on a felony threatening charge. In a fit of road rage, she is said to have pointed a gun at another motorist.
Rios Gonzalez’s injuries from the accident included nine broken ribs, a fractured sternum, and broken bones in his arm and leg.
Attorney Paul Wilkinson said last week that prosecutors had informed him they intended to seek criminal charges against Rios Gonzalez in her civil action against the police.
- Man In Houston Charged With Murder In Death Of Mother’s Roommate!
- UK Student Arrested On Charges Of Assault And Using Racial Slur!
Wilkinson stated that she was in dread for her life since the man who claimed Rios Gonzalez pointed a gun at him was the true attacker. A report from the Fort Lupton Police Department states that he confessed “brake checking” Rios Gonzalez during their interaction.
The district attorney’s office stated that all three accused were issued a summons but not arrested. No preliminary court dates have been scheduled for them.
Please save this page to your favorites so that you can quickly receive updates. Think to consider sharing this with your friends. You should go to thecurrent-online.com/ to remain up to date on this developing story.