Marines D!ed Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In North Carolina: Sheriff

Marines Died Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Marines Died Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Three US Marines discovered comatose in a car at a North Carolina gas station d!ed of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the local sheriff’s office.

Deputies from the Pender County Sheriff’s Office discovered the three males in a privately owned Lexus automobile parked outside a Speedway gas station in the seaside city of Hampstead on Sunday morning. According to the sheriff’s office, autopsies done Wednesday by the North Carolina medical examiner’s office determined that all three de@ths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Pender County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Chester Ward told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the scenario seems accidental. “Investigators have discovered nothing else that indicates it’s something else,” such as suicide.

Tanner J. Kaltenberg, 19, of Madison, Wisconsin, Merax C. Dockery, 23, of Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, and Ivan R. Garcia, 23, of Naples, Florida, was stationed at nearby Camp Lejeune, which is located 29 miles (47 kilometers) northeast of the gas station. They drove for the Combat Logistics Battalion 2, Combat Logistics Regiment 2, and the 2nd Marine Logistics Group.

“I am saddened by the timeless and tragic de@th of these three young men, who served our country honorably,” Sheriff Alan Cutler said. “Our thoughts and prayers remain with their families and colleagues during this time.”

Ward said the agency received a missing person report from the mother of one of the Marines early Sunday morning after her son failed to appear on a flight home the night before.

Heather Glass of Maud, Oklahoma, Dockery’s mother, said on Wednesday that she and another family drove to the Oklahoma City airport last Saturday evening to wait for her son to come home for his grandfather’s funeral.

You can see the latest news below:

When he didn’t show up, Glass’ daughter began calling hospitals and jails in North Carolina, while Glass phoned the sheriff’s office and her son’s sergeant at Camp Lejeune, leading in a search.

Because all three of the young Marines died, Glass suspected her kid died from something like carbon monoxide. Victims pass out after inhaling too much carbon monoxide. Ward stated the sheriff’s office did not suspect foul play on Tuesday, prior to the autopsy.

“I was just worried that it was something worse,” Glass told the AP in a phone interview. “I’m at peace. I feel at peace because I know he was asleep when he passed,” Glass said.

Dockery was the youngest of five siblings, the others being older sisters, and grew up in Seminole. Glass stated that her son joined the Marines “for personal growth” and to travel, with the goal of making the military a career.

Glass stated that funeral plans were being put together, with dates determined by where her son’s body might be released to the family. “He was just a kind soul,” Glass said. “He was liked by everybody. He was a real good kid.” If you are interested in reading more similar news, you can follow us on our website The Current Online.

Exit mobile version