Mahsa Amini Cause Of Death: What Happened To Mahsa Amini?

mahsa amini cause of death
mahsa amini cause of death

Who is Mahsa Amini?

Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old visiting family in Tehran on September 13, was originally from the western Iranian city of Saqqez in the Kurdistan Province. She was with her brother Kiaresh Amini at the Haqqani Highway entrance when she was detained by the so-called “Guidance Patrol” of the regime and taken to the “Moral Security” agency, allegedly for donning an inappropriate hijab. She collapses to the ground as soon as she is taken into custody, as seen in CCTV footage of the incident that the Tehran police later made public.

Amini’s brother was informed that she would be taken to a detention facility for a “briefing class” and then soon released. She was unsuccessful. Instead, Amini arrived at Kasra Hospital, where she passed away on Friday after three days in a coma.

The hospital stated that she was brain dead when they arrived in a since-deleted Instagram post. They originally stated, according to The Guardian, “Resuscitation was performed on the patient, the heartbeat returned, and the patient was admitted to the intensive care unit.” “Unfortunately, the patient experienced a cardiac arrest once more on Friday after 48 hours due to brain death.

The medical staff tried to revive the patient, but they were unsuccessful, and she passed away.”
According to eyewitnesses, the patrol in the van that was supposed to transport her to a detention facility beat her.

What rules apply to the hijab in Iran?

Since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, women in Iran have been required to wear the hijab, and the morality police are tasked with upholding this and other restrictions.

Iranian women are fully able to pursue their education, hold public office, and work outside the home.
However, they are required to dress modestly in public, which includes donning long, baggy robes and the hijab.

What Is The Mahsa Amin Event And What Is Happening In Iran?

There was a great deal of outrage in the nation following the death of Mahsa Amini on September 16. She was hospitalized in a coma after being detained by the Irshad patrols, also known as the “morality police,” in Tehran on September 13. Mahsa Amini, 22, died after being held because she “did not fit the dress,” prompting protests to continue in Iran. Internet access may be difficult in Iran for “security reasons,” according to the minister of communications.

At least three individuals have recently perished during protests across the nation. “Death to the moral police” and “women, life, freedom” were chanted during the demonstrations. Women removed their head coverings and set flags on fire as the streets became more tense. To disperse the protesters, the police used tear gas.

Amini was arrested for allegedly breaking hijab rules

Amini, 22, passed away on Friday in Tehran’s north. She was reportedly taken to a hospital shortly after being arrested on Tuesday.

Iran International, a broadcaster based in London, claims that Amini took several blows to the head before she passed away.

According to the outlet, Amini was detained in her brother’s car while visiting family in the capital. She was a native of the province of Kurdistan’s Saqqez.

HImansh is a freelance writer and editor specializing in Public Relations, Culture, Politics and the intersection between them. He's a St.Xavier's College Graduate who has a degree in Public Relations. He's currently based in Chandigarh, India Word from Himansh: “If I was down to my last dollar, I would spend it on public relations.”