On December 18, 1938, in Los Angeles, California, the United States, Roger E. Mosley was born. Known for his work on Magnum, P.I. (1980), A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996), and Terminal Island, he was also a director (1973). He was wed to Saundra J. Locke and Antoinette “Toni” Laudermilk. He passed away in the USA on August 7, 2022.
At the age of 83, Roger E. Mosley passed away. He was most remembered for his role as helicopter pilot Theodore “TC” Calvin in the first season of Magnum P.I.
On August 7, his daughter Ch-a Mosley shared the news via a message on Facebook. “At 1:17 a.m., Roger E. Mosley, my father, your friend, your ‘coach Mosley,’ your ‘TC,’ from Magnum P.I., passed away. He passed away quietly, surrounded by family, she wrote. “We could never be sad for such a wonderful man. Any wailing made in his honor will TERRORISE him. It is time to honor the legacy he has left for all of us. I cherish you, Daddy. You also adored me. Although my heart is heavy, I am strong. Your nearly 60-year love, mommy, will be taken care of by me. She is in wonderful hands, thanks to the way you raised me. Take it easy.
Her father had been involved in “a terrible vehicle accident that has left him paraplegic from the shoulders down,” she had previously written on August 6 in a prior post. “He is battling valiantly despite his grave condition. We’re doing everything we can to take care of him right now. And relatives and friends are always with him,” she had stated. We all know Roger to be a lion, the ruler of everything he brought himself, thus this is a really difficult time for us. He is revered in his communities and is known as a pioneer, role model, and trailblazer. To me, he is “Mr. Man.” Please convey your love to him.
For eight seasons, Mosley costarred with Tom Selleck as TC in the first season of Magnum P.I. (1980-1988). Additionally, in 2019 and 2021, he appeared as a guest star in two episodes of the CBS relaunch as barber John Booky (TC is played by Stephen Hill in the new series). (We’ll have to see if it pays honor to the actor; it was canceled and then moved to NBC for two more seasons.)
|Born||in Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Died||in USA (undisclosed)|
|Birth Name||Roger Earl Mosely|
|Height||6′ 2″ (1.85 m)|
|Spouse||Antoinette ‘Toni’ Laudermilk (14 May 2005 – 7 August 2022) (his death) (1 child)
Saundra J Locke (16 July 1960 – 1968) (divorced) (2 children)
- Lived with Toni Laudermick as of 1976. One daughter was born to them.
- He also has two other unmarried children.
- Burly character actor best known for being Tom Selleck’s friend in the enduring TV series Magnum, P.I. (1980).
- In 1974, the Watts Repertory Company was established.
- Grew up in one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Los Angeles, the Watts project called Imperial Courts.
- He was injured in an automobile accident on August 4, 22 in Lynwood, California, and suffered paralysis from the shoulders down. At the age of 83, he passed away from his wounds three days later at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Despite being a licenced helicopter pilot, he was prohibited from performing his own stunts in Magnum P.I.
FAQs about Roger E. Mosley
Has Roger E. Mosley operated a chopper?
Mosley earned his private helicopter pilot license. He was not given permission to perform his own stunts while filming Magnum P.I. Instead, a pilot in a body stocking with fake muscles was employed.
How old is Roger Mosley?