Congressman Paul Pelosi Leaves San Francisco Hospital Following Assault!

Congressman Paul Pelosi Leaves San Francisco Hospital Following Assault!
Congressman Paul Pelosi Leaves San Francisco Hospital Following Assault!

Congressman Paul Pelosi Leaves San Francisco Hospital Following Assault: The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi returned home six days after being beaten with a hammer by an assailant who targeted his wife.

Paul Pelosi, the husband of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was released from Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital on the sixth day after he was attacked and suffered a fractured skull.

Congressman Paul Pelosi Leaves San Francisco Hospital Following Assault!

The 82-year-old House Minority Leader is currently recuperating at home from the injuries he sustained to his head, arm, and hand. According to the person who was briefed on the situation, he was in the intensive care unit for the majority of his hospital stay.

Mrs. Pelosi expressed gratitude for the “beautiful outpouring of love, support, and prayers from around the world” on behalf of the Pelosi family. After the violent assault in our home, Paul was taken to the Z.S.F.G.H. where he received excellent and compassionate care from the 911 operator, emergency responders, trauma care team, I.C.U. staff, and the entire medical staff.

That her husband “remains under doctors’ care as he continues to progress on a long recovery process and convalescence” was a further piece of encouraging news. His family has asked for privacy as he returns home.

Federal prosecutors have charged 42-year-old David DePape with kidnapping and assaulting Ms. Pelosi and her husband on October 28 after he broke into their San Francisco home. On Tuesday, he also entered a not-guilty plea to multiple state felony charges.

According to the prosecution, Mr. DePape, a far-right conspiracy theorist, broke Ms. Pelosi’s kneecaps with a hammer in front of the police and said he hoped to “wheel her into Congress” to serve as an example to other legislators if she lied.

In a filing made this week, local prosecutors argued Mr. DePape should be detained without bail, citing the details of his early morning break-in at the Pelosis’ house in Pacific Heights. A San Francisco judge will schedule Mr. DePape’s preliminary hearing and bail hearing this coming Friday after hearing from prosecutors and his defense team.

Related More:

According to two filings released this week by state and federal prosecutors, Mr. DePape, armed with zip ties and two hammers, broke through a glass door at the back of the house and confronted Mr. Pelosi, who had been sleeping in his bedroom. Police say the suspect asked to meet with Ms. Pelosi while she was in Washington, and she obliged.

After some back-and-forth, Mr. DePape allegedly let Mr. Pelosi use the restroom, where he dialed 911 and made covert signals to the dispatcher that he was in trouble while Mr. DePape listened in. Upon police arrival, they found the two men downstairs, still fighting over one of the hammers.

As police officers surrounded the two men, Mr. DePape snatched the hammer from Mr. Pelosi and struck him over the head with it. “Mr. According to the filing by local prosecutors, “Pelosi was unresponsive for approximately three minutes, awakening in a pool of his own blood.

According to the same filing, Mr. DePape later told police that in addition to Ms. Pelosi, his targets included a local professor, several state and federal politicians, and their relatives.

Mr. DePape reportedly told police, “I’m sick of the insane fucking level of lies coming out of Washington, D.C.”

On same day as Pelosi attack, warnings of political violence

Mr. DePape spent his formative years in British Columbia, Canada, before relocating to the Golden State roughly twenty years ago. Mr. DePape was a homeless resident of Berkeley, California for a number of years before relocating to a garage in nearby Richmond about two years ago.

Frank Ciccarelli, a carpenter who worked with Mr. DePape for six years, recalled that he was a calm, unassuming man who put in long hours at the shop. But, according to Mr. Ciccarelli, he also started believing political conspiracy theories and thought that the 2020 election had been stolen.

A few years ago, in an effort to aid Mr. DePape, Mr. Ciccarelli had him relocate from the street to a friend’s garage. But Mr. Ciccarelli thought that gave Mr. DePape more time online, where he could be alone with his own depressing thoughts.

You May Also Consider It:

It seems that Mr. DePape has written a blog full of rants about the 2020 election, antisemitism, and QAnon conspiracy theories. Mr. Ciccarelli described his actions as “going down the rabbit hole.”
On Tuesday, Mr. DePape’s public defender, Adam Lipson, hinted that his client’s “vulnerability” to political misinformation and propaganda could be used as a defense strategy.

Certainly, we’ll investigate that, Mr. Lipson said.

Please bookmark this page and return to see if any updates have been made. I’d appreciate it if they could pass this on to someone who could use it. Go to for background information.

Devanny and Lisa co-founded The Current in 2014 after working in a publication for both the skiing and scuba diving industries. Devanny has a passion for older films and cult classics, which @shows in his features and best movies list. Devanny is also in charge of the primary database for The Current, which drives the A-Z library. Devanny lives in Norwich, England. Word from Ornella: "All new news is old news happening to new people."