The Sandman, a comic book series by DC Comics, will be adapted for television by Netflix in 2022.
Since the series, which is based on Neil Gaiman’s best-selling novel for DC Comics, was announced last year, there has been little news or information about it to report on. Here’s everything we know about the situation.
About The Sandman
First and foremost, the Sandman should not be confused with the Spider-Man antagonist from the Marvel Comics universe. Known as The Sandman in the DC Universe, he is the immortal embodiment of dreams. Morpheus, or the Lord of Dreaming, is a mythological figure who inhabits a “vast hallucinatory landscape that contains all of the dreams of anyone and everyone who has ever existed.” DC Comics says that “regardless of cultures or historical eras, all dreamers visit Morpheus’ realm—be they gods, demons, muses, mythical creatures, or simply humans who teach Morpheus some unexpected lessons.”
Morpheus is captured by a mere mortal, much to his embarrassment, in the course of the narrative. The following is the plot summary provided by DC Comics: “After escaping, Morpheus finds himself at a crossroads, forced to deal with the enormous changes that have occurred within himself and his realm.” To find his place in a world that has fundamentally altered, he must travel to mythical lands in order to retrieve his old heirlooms, the back roads of America, and even Hell itself in order to be given the dubious honor of selecting the next Devil to rule the world. But it will be his own family, the Endless, who will teach him the most important lessons in life. They, like him, are walking embodiments of the most influential aspects of existence.” As far as we know, the Netflix series will follow the same plot as the original film.
Netflix The Sandman Release Date
According to Netflix, filming on The Sandman was completed in July of this year. As a result, we can expect the series to premiere in either the spring or early summer of 2022 for its initial season. We’ll keep you updated as more information about the release date becomes available.
The Sandman Cast
Taking into consideration what we already know and what we can infer from the trailer, here is the cast for The Sandman, which includes cameos from a slew of DC characters.
- Morpheus/Dream is played by Tom Sturridge.
- Lucifer is played by Gwendoline Christie.
- Lucienne is played by Vivienne Acheampong.
- Death is played by Kirby Howell-Baptiste.
- Mason Alexander Park in the role of Desire.
- Despair is played by Donna Preston.
- Boyd Holbrook in the role of The Corinthian.
- Roderick Burgess is played by Charles Dance.
- Cain is played by Sanjeev Bhaskar.
- Jenna Coleman takes on the role of Johanna Constantine.
- Ethel Cripps is played by Joely Richardson.
- Abel is played by Asim Chaudhry.
- The role of John Dee / Doctor Destiny is played by David Thewlis.
- Rose Walker is played by Kyo Ra.
- Gilbert is played by Stephen Fry.
- Lyta Hall is played by Razane Jammal.
- Unity Kinkaid is played by Sandra James-Young.
- Matthew the Raven is voiced by Patton Oswalt in this film.
Allan Heinberg is the person who created the Sandman. Producers Allan Heinberg, Neil Gaiman, David S. Goyer, and production companies DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television are involved in the production of the series.
The Sandman Plot
The dream is one of the seven godlike siblings – Death, Desire, Delirium, Despair, Destruction, and Destiny – who each represent a different trait, and Dream is in trouble. Death is one of the seven godlike siblings, and Dream is in trouble. He is being held captive by evil but extremely powerful sorcerer who wishes to keep him in captivity.
Every one of our possible dreams and stories is personified in a single godlike human being, and this is what the dream is all about.
The dream has been attempting to elude capture for more than a century. Eventually, he is able to escape, and when he does, the first place he goes is his homeland, which is known as the Land of the Dream.
What happens next is something we will have to wait and see!
The Sandman Season 1 will be based on the first two volumes of the comic series, Preludes & Nocturnes and The Doll’s House, which will air in the fall of 2018.
The Sandman comics are currently available for purchase online and in stores for those who wish to read them before the film’s release. The book is also available in audiobook format, with narration provided by an all-star cast if you want to get the full experience.
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone: Real Reason Behind Breakup!
- Britney Spears: Pregnancy Is Official! Fiancee Drops Massive Confirmation
- Legends Of Tomorrow: Is Season 8 Coming? Is The Show Cancelled?
- Quanzhi Fashi Season 6: When Will The Anime Return To Release?
The Sandman trailer
Although there hasn’t been an official trailer released yet, Netflix has released a ‘first look’ clip, which you can watch in the video below. As soon as the official trailer is released, we’ll post it right here on this page.