With all the talk about future spinoffs in the world of The Walking Dead, fans of the first spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead, are excited to see what happens next. When will AMC start showing season 8 of Fear the Walking Dead?
People didn’t care much for the seventh season, but the showrunners say they will change things for the next season. This season, filming went from Austin, Texas, to Savannah, Georgia, because Georgia has better tax incentives. This gives the people in charge of the show a chance to change it again. Fear the Walking Dead has changed in the past as they traveled through the US and Mexico, and new groups have come and gone during that time.
Since the fourth season of Fear the Walking Dead, Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg have been responsible for the show. Some fans thought AMC would switch showrunners for the next season, but that won’t happen. The same two people will be in charge for season 8.
Fear The Walking Dead Season 8 Release Date
Fear the Walking Dead started filming season 8 in 2022. AMC recently revealed that the first part of season 8 would premiere on May 14, 2023. During this season, the story will jump ahead seven years. With this news, it was also said that season 8 would be the show’s last season.
— FearTWD (@FearTWD) February 24, 2023
Fear The Walking Dead Season 8 Summary
Fear’s eighth season starts after Season 7, which ended with Morgan (Lennie James) and Madison (Kim Dickens) failing in their plans to save Mo from PADRE. PADRE is now in charge of Morgan, Madison, and the other people they brought to the island. Now that Morgan and Madison’s mission to save Morgan’s daughter, Mo, has failed and they are down and out, it is up to Mo to help Morgan and Madison believe in a better world again.
Fear The Walking Dead Season 8 Cast
- Lennie James as Morgan Jones
- Colman Domingo as Victor Strand
- Danay Garcia as Luciana Galvez
- Austin Amelio as Dwight
- Mo Collins as Sarah Rabinowitz
- Alexa Nisenson as Charlie
- Karen David as Grace Mukherjee
- Christine Evangelista as Sherry
- Jenna Elfman as June Dorie
- Rubén Blades as Daniel Salazar
- Kim Dickens as Madison Clark
- Demetrius Grosse as Josiah LaRoux
- Daryl Mitchell as Wendell Rabinowitz
- Peter Jacobson as Jacob Kessner
- Zoey Merchant as Morgan
- Maya Eshet as TBA
- Jonathan Medina as TBA
- Avaya White as Morgan
- On November 11, 2021, it was announced that production for this season will move from Austin, Texas to Savannah, Georgia.
- On December 6, 2021, it was announced that Kim Dickens would play Madison Clark again in Seasons 7 and 8.
- Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg will no longer be in charge of Fear the Walking Dead after this season.
- This season will jump forward seven years.
- This is the longest gap between episodes in the series. The two-year gap between “Sleigh Ride” and “What’s Your Story?” is the next longest. It’s also the biggest time jump in the TV Universe, bigger than “What Comes After”‘s six-year jump.
Fear The Walking Dead season 8 Trailer
On February 25, an official sneak peek for season 8 of Fear the Walking Dead came out.
The 30-second clip shows more about what happened to Morgan and Madison after Madison was thought dead. We see Madison working for P.A.D.R.E. and being held prisoner by their oppressive (and worse-than-ever) regime. However, a revolt seems to be on the rise, as the teaser ends with Madison holding someone at gunpoint…
The full video can be seen below:
Where to watch ear the Walking Dead season 8?
Fear of the Walking Dead is on AMC, which is generally part of a standard cable package. Streaming options like YouTube TV, Fubo TV, and Sling TV let you watch AMC even if you don’t have cable.
AMC Plus is a separate service that can be added to Prime Video, Apple TV Plus, or Roku as a channel. You can also use your computer or a smart device to watch. The best thing about an AMC Plus subscription is that you can watch new shows up to a week before anyone else.