Tatyana Ali Childhood & Early Life
On January 24, 1979, Tatyana Ali was born in North Bellmore, New York. She is the oldest child of Sonia Ali, a nurse, and Sheriff, a former police officer. Her father is an East Indian Muslim from Trinidad, and her mother is from Panama. Anastacia and Kimberly are her two younger sisters.
She only began singing when she was four, yet she quickly experienced stardom. She urged her mother to take her to a ‘Sesame Street’ TV show audition when she was six years old.
Tatyana Ali Career
Appeared on Star Search (1983), winning multiple matches against the competition. The “All That and More Music Festival” tour in 1999 began her career in show business at the age of four and a half on the venerable children’s programme Sesame Street (1969), most memorably when she spoke her name into a C.M. I. Fairlight synthesiser that Herbie Hancock was playing.
Junior Vocalist Champion who made an appearance on Star Search (1983) in 1987. Father is from Trinidad and is of East Indian ancestry; mother is Afro-Panamanian. graduated with a degree in Afro-American history and government from Harvard University in June 2002. Attended Sherman Oaks, California’s Buckley School.
has two younger sisters named Anastasia N. Ali and Kimberly, a TV producer. Oprah Winfrey is admired. Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy are two of her favourite actors. James Redfield’s The Celestine Prophecy is her favourite novel. Her favourite films include What’s Love Got to Do with It, a biography, West Side Story (1961), Vertigo (1958), and Gone with the Wind (1939). (1993).
She enjoys dancing, singing, swimming, and gymnastics. Marymount High School in Los Angeles, California, is where she received her diploma. Had three projects with Jenifer Lewis, including Nora’s Hair Salon (most recently) and The Brothers (all three from 2001 – 2004). In the 1990 films Kidz in the Wood and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, she collaborated with Alfonso Ribeiro (1995).
released the music videos for “Boy, You Knock Me Out,” “Daydreamin’,” and “Every Time” to support the release of her debut album, “Kiss the Sky,” in 1998. Twice collaborated with Tamala Jones: once for The Brothers (2001) and once more for Nora’s Hair Salon (2004). 2005 VH1 100 Top Child Stars list position #74. Possesses a solid command of Spanish and some basic Hindi.
Her upcoming album is being worked on as of March 2005. She’s a three-year partner of actor Jonathan Brandis (1996-1999). (July 17, 2016) married Dr. Vaughn Rasberry, an assistant professor of English at Stanford University, her lover of two years, in Beverly Hills, California, after a four-month engagement. On eHarmony, they connected.
Tatyana Ali Awards & Achivements
- Tatyana Ali won the Young Artist Award in 1991 for “The Fresh Prince of Bel-AirOutstanding “‘s Young Comedienne in a Television Series. For her work on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” she received the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Youth Actor/Actress in 1996.
- She received the Caribbean Heritage Organization’s Living Legacy Award in 2011 from Los Angeles. She won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama for “The Young and the Restless” in 2011 and 2012.
Tatyana Ali Favorite Quotes
- I always want to entertain people and sing and dance.
- I am grateful to all my family for all the support and sacrifices over the years.
- I’m very, very good at time management. That’s been a real big benefit.
- Will Smith said if I ever need some help, he was there for me.
- I had short hair for a while, but I ended up loving it.
- Being on Disney, a lot of young people look up to me.
- If you don’t have fun with what you are doing, then it’s not worth doing at all.