Akatsuki no Yona, also known as Yona of the Dawn, is a Japanese romantic, action-thriller anime television series based on Mizuho Kusanagi’s manga series of the same name. Shinichi Inotsume wrote the first season of the anime series, which was directed by Kazuhiro Yoneda and produced by Studio Pierrot.
Funimation licensed the show, which premiered on 7th October 2014, and ended on 24th March 2015 on its original network Tokyo MX, At-X, TV Aichi, Sun TV, BS11, and RKK. Despite an IMDB rating of 8.1 out of 10 and numerous requests from viewers over the years, the series had a total of 24 episodes and was loved by all anime series fans.
Akatsuki no Yona Season 2 Release Date
The producers have yet to make an official announcement about the series’ renewal. Because it has been six years since the last release, it is difficult to predict whether the show will return for a second season.
Characters and Cast of Akatsuki no Yona
- Hak Son Ayahi Takagaki (Log Horizon)
- Yona Chiwa Saitou (Magia Record)
- Shin-ah Sanae Kobayashi (Dororo)
- Jae-ha Junichi Suwabe (Tesla Note)
- Ki-ja Masakazu Morita (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- Yun Junko Minagawa (7 Seeds)
Yona of the Dawn has 12 characters, with four of the most important ones playing key roles in the first season.
1. Yona: The female protagonist and the show’s main lead, Yona is the only heir to the King of Kouka and the Princess. Yona grows up in a very sheltered environment because she is the only daughter and is truly treated like a Princess, making her a spoiled brat. Su-won later murders her father, forcing her to live a normal life devoid of all luxuries, and she grows into an independent and strong woman. She later falls in love with Hak but is afraid to express her feelings to him. She is determined to learn how to defend and protect herself, and she seeks Hak’s assistance in learning archery and sword fighting. Hak teaches her how to shoot and wield a sword. She was hesitant at first, but later in the battle, she overcomes her fear and kills Kum-Ji.
2. Hak’s son: The show’s male protagonist plays the male lead; Hak is Yona’s bodyguard and childhood friend. He is also the Wind Tribe’s general and a former chief. Because of his distinct fighting style, he is popularly known as Thunder Beast. Hak is said to be the strongest warrior in Kouka’s kingdom. Hak is in love with Yona as well, but he does not express his feelings.
3. Yun: Yun, the third member of the princess’s group, is portrayed as a genius. He was born in the Fire tribe and adopted by Ik-su; he has healing abilities and is shown to be a very kind and caring person, even if he can be mean and rude at times.
4. Su-Won: Su-Won is Hak and Yun’s younger brother. Yona’s first cousin is him. He and Hak were childhood best friends, and he promises Hak that he will look after Yona and be by her side at all times. Su-won murders Yona’s father but still loves Yona and Hak. Su-won is portrayed as a cunning man, but he is also clumsy and carefree.
- Some Incredible Platforms to Watch Anime In 2022
- Blade Of The Guardians Anime Release Date: Confirmation On Renewal Or Cancellation!
What is the plot of Yona of the Dawn season 2?
The plot of “Yona of the Dawn” Season 2 is expected to follow the manga, as is the case with many anime shows. The first season covered the first eight volumes of the manga, while the OVA covered all of Volume 18. Yona and the dragons will prepare for battle against Su-Won and his allies in the second season, which will be based on additional chapters of the book beginning with Volume 9.
But that won’t be easy, and in the meantime, Yona and her friends must deal with taxes, bandits, a Fire Festival, and other incidents while Su-Won prepares for war.
If the series closely follows the manga, fans will see a focus on the White Dragon, Kija, as well as a flashback-style look at Yona, Su-Won, and Hak’s childhood antics that shaped who they are today.
Will there be Akatsuki no Yona season 2?
There has been no word on a possible second season of “Yona of the Dawn.” While it is not uncommon for anime series to have multiple year-long hiatuses, the series’ producer, Studio Pierrot, has taken an unusually long time to announce any changes to the series’ status.
Is Akatsuki no Yona ongoing?
Fortunately, the Akatsuki no Yona manga has not been completed, and the story is still ongoing, implying that Yona’s story has not concluded. Season 2 is almost certain if the author, Mizohu Kusanagi, wishes to do so. The author will release the latest volume in Japan on April 20, 2021.
Does Yona and Hak get together?
Over time, Hak began to develop romantic feelings for Yona, and his love for her deepens until he falls in love with her.