Office of Student Involvement
Do you know someone who has gone above and beyond as a leader this year? Is there an event that has been particularly impactful? The annual Leadership Awards Banquet, hosted by the Office of Student Involvement, are coming Monday, April 22, 2019. The Leadership Awards give you the opportunity to honor the exemplary efforts of the people and organizations that make up Student Involvement at UMSL. Nominations are now being accepted for this year’s Leadership Awards Banquet.
Nominations & awards come in two categories – Individual & Organization/Program Awards. Each award recognizes a specific achievement by that individual or organization:
* Student Leader of the Year Award: This award goes to a student who has provided outstanding service both to UMSL and the community.
* Faculty/Staff Advisor of the Year Award: This award goes to an individual faculty or staff member who has displayed an exemplary level of dedication and commitment to the organization they advised.
* Rising Leader Award: This award goes to a first-year or transfer student who has shown tremendous growth over the past year.
* Fraternity & Sorority Life Member of the Year Award: This award goes to a student affiliated with a social fraternity or sorority who has made significant contributions to the UMSL community.
* Outstanding Service to the Community Award: This award goes to a student who exemplifies a character of service and giving.
* Student Advocate Award: This award goes to a student who boldly speaks out in support of a cause affecting UMSL and the community.
* UMSL Legendary Triton Award: UMSL students can nominate UMSL faculty or staff members who have made a difference in their academic pursuits to receive the UMSL Legendary Triton Award.
* Excellence in Civic Engagement: This award honors three individuals (one student, one staff, and one faculty) who demonstrate sustained commitment to civic engagement, both on & off campus.
Organization & Program Awards:
* Organization of the Year Award: This award goes to a student organization that has made outstanding contributions to student involvement and positively impacted the campus community.
* Best Overall Program Award: This award goes to a organization that conceives, plans, and implements an outstanding program that demonstrates collaboration, diversity, leadership, and relevance to important issues for students.
* New Organization of the Year Award: This award goes to a student organization that has made great strides to establish itself on campus in its first year.
* Most Innovative Program Award: This award goes to an organization that has planned and executed a program that exhibits creativity and originality.
* Best Cultural Awareness Program Award: This award goes to a student organization that creates and executes a program which promotes the recognition and understanding of multiculturalism and diversity issues.
* Best Sustained Program Award: This award goes to a program that has maintained its value to the community for at least two years.
* Best Campus Community Building Program Award: This award goes to an organization that plans and implements a program that makes great strides toward unifying UMSL’s campus.
To nominate an organization or individual, visit the OSI Leadership Education Programs portal on TritonSync. For questions about the Leadership Awards Banquet or nominations, you may contact the Office of Student Involvement at 314-516-5291 or email@example.com