The Current Student Newspaper has been at the University of Missouri-St. Louis since 1966. Our Current Alumni are a great asset to the success of our students.
Current alumni can be involved in a number of ways. Reading the stories each week can help you stay involved with things happening on the campus as well as get to know the students in the organization currently.
- You can pick up a weekly edition on campus, read online or sign up for the weekly newsletter here.
- Come to our alumni events! The Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser is in the fall. Make sure to check our social media pages on those dates and announcements or email email@example.com for information.
- Come in and speak with journalists about the different career opportunities they could pursue after college.
- Suggest stories for our staff writers to cover or attend.
- Offering internship opportunities, scholarship opportunities or job experience to our Current staff members.
Feel free to contact the paper’s Editor-in-Chief, Advisor or our Alumni Representatives about questions on how to get involved.
Starting in 2017-2018 academic year, two alumni volunteers were asked to join The Current in an advisory role. Feel free to contact them with questions, ideas for The Current or events or comments.
Staff Writer 1976
Were you an Editor-in-Chief? Check out our list of Past Editors-in-Chief. If you would like to send a picture of you (from when you were EIC or currently), please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a board of past EICs in our office on campus, we would love to have you sign it. Schedule a time to visit campus through the EIC email or attend one of our events each semester.
UMSL Alumni Association
Are you registered through the Alumni Association at UMSL? Find out how to get your membership card here! If you have specific questions about the alumni association, please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com or call 314-516-5833.